Brotherhood of Our Father Jesus Nazarene Lord of the Lords
The Lord of the Lords
Our Father Jesus Nazarene
Image of Nuestro Padre Jesús Nazareno carrying the cross on his shoulder with the help of Simon de Cyrene. Both images are carved in 1949 in the Valencian School Neo Barroca, by Enrique Pariente Sanchís. In 2003 they were restored by José Luis Ojeda Navío.The Pass fits 35 costaleros sisters, the group being formed by 60 costaleras.
Parish of St. Michael the Archangel.
1576. The drafting of the first known Statutes takes place around the years 1590 and 1594. The Brotherhood was located in the former Trinitarian convent of San Eufrasio located in the Capuchinos slide. After the Confiscation of the mid-nineteenth century passes to the Parish of St. Michael the Archangel. After the civil war, it would be recovered in 1949 by the Count of the Quintería. The Brotherhood stopped its procession at the end of the 60's of the last century and in the year 2000 it was revitalized by a group of young Christians, being renewed and its statutes approved on January 23, 2006 by Ramón del Hoyo López, Bishop of Jaén.
Tunic in purple cloth, purple moza with long hood finished with a purple tassel and on the cape the shield of the Brotherhood. The tunic has yellow braided cord edging the wrist and the cuffs. At the waist the tunic is cinched by a yellow cingulum that in turn links with the neck and finished with yellow tassels on each of its ends. Black esparto shoes, black socks and black gloves.
They are accompanied by a body of Mantillas and another of Knights.
DEPARTURE Holy Friday
At 10:30 a.m. through the main door of the Parish of St. Michael the Archangel. Return to the Temple about 2:30 p.m.
España square, San Miguel, Valdivia, Maestras, Altozano Virgen María, Sol square, 22 de Julio, Ollerías, Autonomía square, San Francisco, Isidoro Miñón, Serpiente, Carmen, Santa María square, Pintor Zabaleta, Guadalupe, Constitución square, Post Arch, Tribune, España square and comeback to the temple.